I'm not going to glorify this by harping more than necessary. It deserves a mention, though, because it brings up an argument that's thrown at me time and again when I defend the First Amendment, to wit, "Yeah, but what if it was something that was really, really personally offensive to YOU."

Well, here you go.

I just have a couple of things to say here, things I don't normally share online. First, I am the mother of a child with autism, so yes, this is personally VERY offensive to me. So offensive that I don't even know where to begin the refutation. Suffice it to say this is bullshit, on many different levels.

Second, yes, he does have the right to be an asshole. And wrong. And offensive. I don't have to listen to him. That's my right.

I'm not going to say I'm not happy, however, that his advertisers are running for the hills.

1 Comment:

  1. Diane said...
    Jesus bloody Christ Carinthia!

    One of my best friend's son is autistic, and I watched him all last summer for her.

    This guy is such an asshole, so uninformed.... My head explodes.

    Sean is truly wired differently, and no brat at all.

    God, why spread more hate, lies and prejudice?

    Some people get off on it, I swear, sickening.

Post a Comment